Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September means Fall, right?

Who cares if it was almost 80 degrees today.

I felt a small breeze run its fingers over my bare arms and bare feet as I watered my beloved pumpkin and sunflower and I swear I felt a slight chill and crispness in that breeze.  

Fall is knocking at the door.

I admit I am sad to say goodbye to summer.  I love the warmth.  

I don't like being cold.

Fall has its good sides, though.  

Things like less humidity, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, colorful leaves, Halloween, Thanksgiving, L's birthday, warm blankets to cuddle up under...

just to name a few.  =)

And, one of the best things?
Hot Caramel Apple Cider with whipped cream melting in.

I couldn't wait any longer.  Tonight, I cranked up the air conditioning, turned up the ceiling fan, and cuddled up under my blanket with a mug of apple cider.  

Nice to see you, Fall.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks so yummy! Also, I have that exact same mug!

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

oh that looks yummy!!!!! Have you ever tried the caramel apple cider from starbucks? yes? no? if not, then you should, is my fav. and only drink I buy from Starbucks =0) with all that whipped cream on top ummmmm delicious!!!! hehe