Friday, September 9, 2011

Quiet Book: Matching

Page 3 of the quiet book is a very simple page.

Easy peasy matching.

Each shape has a matching buddy...
Except that poor purple circle whose matching buddy was lost at the airport.  

Once again, everything connects with little tiny magnets.
(which I found at amazon.com, by the way)

The matching pieces are sewn to coordinating pieces of felt.

Simple.

This has by far been L's favorite page.  She is barely 22 months old, so it is right up her alley!

See page 1 here and page 2 here!

Linking up with these happy parties!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Shiloh said...

My sister is making a quiet book for my daughter, and I think a shapes page is a neccessity.:) I love the fabric chain too.:) I'm a new follower from weekend wander.:) Thanks for posting!

Mary said...

Love this idea. I have got to make my boys each a quiet book. It's been on my "to do" list forever....of course, lots of things have been on my "to do" list forever. :) Thanks!

Abby said...

Great idea! i've been wanting to make one of these books for my daughter

Lorie said...

That is just the cutest little book. It {almost} makes me want to learn to sew! :)

Stephanie said...

Cute! And I love that with the magnets instead of velcro, it really will be a "quiet book"

Kasia said...

I love educational projects. My little one could count correctly up to 14 because of books/ games like that and mickey mouse show. I never intended to pressure her or to tech her to count at this age. We just played those for fun. I was actually surprized when they told in the pre-k group that she can count correctly. Thank u for sharing

Anonymous said...

I am very interested in how you sew your magnets into your pages. Are these just sewn around the circles? By machine or by hand?
I am trying to find the flattest way to make pages.

Martha