Friday, September 2, 2011

Quiet Book: Fabric Chain

Page 2 of the quiet book starts here.

Inside is a pocket and two permanent links.

They are sewn into place.

In the pocket are the strips for the chain.  Each end has Velcro on it.

The idea is to build a chain...
Pretty simple, really.  

This one took some time for my girls to figure out.  They were more interested in making the strips bracelets or using the Velcro to attach the strips together to form necklaces or headbands or crowns.  They figured out the chain thing on Sunday and it kept them happily occupied (together!) for a good 45 minutes.  Beautiful!

*To see page 1, click here.

Linking up with the usual parties!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Tara said...

I am in the process of looking for Quiet Book page ideas. I'd love to make one for my daughter and nephew for their birthdays coming up and this page is great! I love how it turned out!
Found you through Lolly Jane Boutique

Lolly Jane said...

So cute!! I love quiet books but have never seen this idea before- so creative. And I also love anything to keep the little ones busy during church! lol

Thanks for linkin up w/ us @ Whatcha Got Weekend!!!
xoxo

Amanda Wood said...

This is adorable! I would love to make something like that someday for my little one (once he/she arrives and is old enough for it of course). Found you through Saturday is Crafty Day link up.

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Thanks for linking this to Things I've Done Thursday. A Quiet Book has been on my to-do list for a while, and this just gives me more inspiration!!

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Brave Brooke said...

this is great! Great for fine motor skills!

Chef in Training said...

what a great idea! I love this!

Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again with more great projects!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Betsy said...

I absolutely loved your quiet book ideas and even though I ran out of gumption before I copied your idea, I have linked your blog to mine so people can get more ideas.
http://mommysgreat.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-gifts-unveiled.html

Jason said...

Nice work Sarah. I have added your website pictures to my Pinterest account so that our au pairs can see your great activities.

Keep up the great work :-)

Tati said...

Your blog is amazing! Thank you for all the great ideas! I was wondering how you attached the velcro to the fabric strips. Also did you sew the fabric strips or are they just cut? Thanks so much!

wannajugarwithmigo @ gmail . com

rjw said...

Hi, I love this idea for a quiet book page. What kind of Velcro did you use, or how did you attach the Velcro? Wanting to avoid sewing on all of the individual little Velcro pieces. Thanks!