Saturday, May 21, 2011

a pillow with a blanket

A while back (maybe around Christmastime...) I bought some no-sew fleece blanket sets for my girls.  

I was originally going to tie them together just like the instructions said to, but I guess that seemed too easy.  I wanted them to be something unique.  I've been holding on to them until I could think of just the right thing.

Then, a few days ago, as I was laying down to take a nap, inspiration struck!  Doesn't that always happen right before sleep?  Crazy.  

So, I got up and went to work.  

I cut a pretty good-sized chunk off the bottom of each piece of fleece and set that aside.  

Then I sewed the 2 big pieces together and cut a fringe, making a blanket. 
*Bing*

Then I took those two chunks and made them into this lumpy little pillow. 
Isn't it cute?


O likes it. 
It's good for sleeping...

...and waking! 

I have another blanket set that I am going to do the same thing with.  Do you want me to show you how, or is it pretty straightforward?  

2 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

I need to see instructions for the pillow. I can sew butI'm not that good.

Jeigh said...

Cute! And so are the pillow and blanket :)