Monday, April 4, 2011

Jungle Girl Syndrome

I am a jungle girl.

Don't worry.  I'm pretty sure it's not contagious. 

All it really means is that weird things happen to me in kind of weird and random ways.  Sort of like I'm an accident waiting to happen, but a completely odd sort of accident. 

I fall up stairs a lot.  I trip on invisible cracks in the sidewalk.  I run into walls.  I find holes no one else can find.  I've sprained pretty much every joint in my body, including my jaw.  I stepped on a stingray once--the only person in a crowd of 6 or 7 to find a stingray to step on. 

Just to name a few of my random accidents.  I've often been told things like,"How does something like that happen?" or "I've never seen anything like that before!" or "That was the most spectacular stumble I've ever seen!"  Yeah, I like to keep things entertaining. 

The good news is, none of my accidents have been serious...just strange and unusual. 

Here's a good example:
 See those vicious cuts on my hand?  You would think I had a run in with a crazy cat or a rabid squirrel or something like that.  But, no...I had a run-in with spaghetti. 

Yup, you read that right.  I said spaghetti. 

It was raw...still stiff, not floppy.  I was breaking the spaghetti in half before dropping it in the boiling water.  The last batch, though, apparently didn't want to be broken and put up a little mini fight, leaving me with those nasty scratches. 

Crazy, right? 

But, what can I say.  I'm a jungle girl.  Things like that kind of come with the territory. 
I'm still a nice person.  =)

What about you?  Are you a jungle girl (or boy)?

1 comment:

Luanne Hardy said...

Only you Sarah, could pull off something like that.