Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Play Dough

O loves play dough.  She likes to break it up into bits and roll it into tiny balls.  She also likes practicing shapes with cookie cutters.  It's great fun!

L has never tried it before, so this last time I took it out I decided to let her give it a try.
 I was well aware that I needed to watch her a little bit closer.  She tends to be more adventurous when it comes to putting things in her mouth. She doesn't realize the importance of making sure things are edible first. 

So, I was careful to show her how to roll it and tear it and press it, but never put it in her mouth.  I even cut out an "F" with a cookie cutter for her and let her practice with it. 

Then, I got distracted.  I stepped away for a minute.  And when I came back her teeth were red.

And this was on the table.  

I think, perhaps, I should find a recipe for edible play dough.

3 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

That's awesome. L looks like Jenna in that pic.

Erin said...

I have a recipe for edible play dough if you'd like it. It's salt dough, and if you taste it, it's really, really salty....but it's edible!

Jeigh said...

There's also another play dough recipe that's pretty much chocolate chip cookie dough without the chocolate chips. It doesn't last very long, though.