Monday, January 14, 2013

Unpin Me!

I am a fan of Pinterest.  (Follow me here if you like. Let me know if you would like an invite to play along!) It is perfect for a person like me.  I love to collect ideas and inspiration.  I used to have binders full of clippings and notes and thoughts and pictures and ideas of the woman I hoped to be someday.  Now I can throw all of that away and keep my clutter online!  It's a beautiful thing.

Here's the problem, though...what good are clippings and notes and ideas and pictures and ideas if I don't use them?  How do I create that woman without trying?

So, here is what I have been thinking.  As of today, I have 5,797 pins!

Wow.

I'll probably add some more tonight too.

It's how I unwind.

I think it is time that I spend at least as much time unpinning as I do pinning.

I am going to pick a few pins each month and use the inspiration they give me...and it is going to be fun!  You can play too if you want.  What do you have pinned that you have been meaning to get to but haven't?

Perhaps you want to borrow some of my inspiration? That might be fun.  I can show you what pins have inspired me and we can see how differently we interpret it.  Inspiration--creativity--is a fantastic thing.

Here are a few of my "Pinspirations" for January:
This link isn't working.






There you have it.  I'll refine the process as I go along, I'm sure.  And, I haven't shown you all of my goals for January, but I'm sure I'll get to these ones.

Check out my boards if you'd like.  I have a board for each month of the year and I am slowly setting pins aside to unpin eventually.  

Now I feel so much better!  I have a plan and a goal.  It's going to be awesome!

Have a great day!
Sarah

No comments: