Monday, April 9, 2012

Artsy-Fartsy Mama Quiet Flip Book: Tutorial Featured

One of my very favorite blogs (and bloggers) is Lindsay over at Artsy-Fartsy Mama.  She is very talented and I enjoy spending time at her blog.  There is so much there to be inspired by!

Last summer, she introduced this fantastic little project she had just finished.  I fell in love completely and instantly!  I knew (with every ounce of my soul) that I wanted to make one too.  I e-mailed her and asked her if she would be willing to send me a copy of the pictures she used.  She is such a talented designer, I knew I wouldn't be able to find something else I loved as much.

She was kind enough to write me back and tell me she was working on a pattern.  YIPPEE!  So, I waited patiently for the pattern (which is now on sale for $10 on her blog) and bought it as soon as I could.

It is a great pattern.  I had absolutely no problem following it.

Here's my cover:

I love embroidery, so this project was perfect for me!  
Here is a sampling of some of my pages:



Fun, right?  
I followed her pattern pretty exactly without changing much.  I may have changed a color here and there, but then I got nervous and went back to the pattern.  =)

I have never tried the coloring technique before, but I think it turned out great!  Seriously, I loved this project.  

(Can you tell?)

So, head on over to Artsy-Fartsy Mama and enjoy the inspiration available!

Thanks, Lindsay!

4 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

So cute! I bet your girls will love it.

Lindsay Artsy-Fartsy Mama said...

Made me so happy to see this. Turned out wonderful!!
Thanks for the shout-out :)

Zoe said...

Really really cute! I just wanted to let you know I featured this project on Scout's Sweet Sunday! http://xstitchandcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/04/scouts-sweet-sunday-5.html

Faith @ Artistic31Mama said...

This is so great! I love this :-) I pinned this so I can remember to make one!! :-) I'm a new follower and would love it if you would share this at my linky party this week: http://www.artistic31mama.com/2012/04/fabulous-fridays-linky-party-7.html Have a great week!